Practice decorating real gingerbread houses while the ginger bread cookie dough is hot in the oven. Print and color these houses with markers or crayons. Decorate A-Frames and Castles along with regular houses.
Design your own style of ginger bread house. Make a learning project to examine various architectural styles and apply the designs to gingerbread houses.
The kiddies will learn about construction of buildings while decorating candy houses.
If you would build a building which sort of building would you build?
- Dog house
- Apartment Complex
- Bird House
- Sky Scraper
- Gingerbread House
Consider the purpose of the structure. Think of a castle. What walls, windows, furniture or kinds of people would go into such a building? Kings and queens, of course, plus all sorts of rank and staff, wait persons, butlers, cooks and guards.
- What if the castle is a meant for a fish bowl...where would the fish put all those people?
- How about dogs houses? Dogs may live in people houses but most people would not be happy living in dog houses.
- Tall skyscraper buildings in big cities can be business offices.
- Apartments, hotels, motels and condominiums are alternative places for people who don't want to live in houses.
- Barns are out-buildings built on country farms or large acreages. Some barns contain livestock, other contain hay bales or farm equipment.
- Outdoor structures such as garages and sheds protect hold just about anything that must or can be stored outdoors from rain, snow and other inclement weather.